….lots of fun things happened this summer,
- Andy married Nicole Barton in Portland
- we went to a concert with the Blues Addicts Plus Brass Tacks
- we celebrated Bailey’s second birthday
- we have been up at the cabin – Steve has really made great progress with the interior and he added a back deck which is great for morning coffee time
- I finished a quilt for Steve’s granddaughter, Charlotte, for Christmas and have started Ronan’s and Wyatt’s quilts – no pictures until after Christmas!
but a few things were not fun.
- my sister, Diane, died suddenly from a brain aneurysm
- Steve had a little heart pain and ended up in the hospital
I am hopeful for a peaceful and uneventful fall. I have been sewing quite a bit and I got to take a class from Becky Goldsmith. So excited to use many of her good suggestions for my applique projects and pass on her tips to my applique students.
I am hoping to finish the blocks for Simply Delicious that I started back in the 90’s.
There are seven more to make.
She has changed the way she makes templates from the 90’s…she now photocopies her patterns several times then laminated them. a better template but a bit pricier for templates that are only used once. Still on the fence about this. I may just continue this project as I started it by making my templates out of freezer paper and just get it done!!
It is nice to be back to visiting with all of you here at Barefootin’ Quilter.
Have a great weekend!
Billie the Barefootin’ Quilter